Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

A New Term

And so the school year has begun.

It started on a day on which I have no classes or responsibilities (so far) whatsoever, so I spent the morning making Peter a cake for the Day Before His Birthday Day. It could've turned out better to say the least, but I brought it in, we both had a celebratory piece, and it was completely annihilated within three hours of exposure to EEPsters. The cake-carrier has been rinsed, the counter has been wiped, and in this kitchen at least, it was like the thing never existed. That's all the tacit approval I could ask for.

The big news as of today is that I have officially been offered a job at CSULA's Center for Effective Teaching and Learning! Now I wait for the Career Department bureaucracy to do what it does, and hopefully, sometime next week, I will be a paid employee of Cal State Los Angeles. It certainly feels good to have gone through the motions–an application, a resumé submission, a "non-cognitive skills" test, and two interviews–and emerge victorious. While I'm waiting for the paperwork to clear, I'm going through some Moodle tutorials and continuing to familiarize myself with HTML. It's really opening up a whole new world of tools I can use outside the job as well, which is always great.

To finish up with my wee update, I am approaching 40,000 words on my Six Weeks in Kenya Manuscript, which is very exciting indeed. At this rate, it looks like I am on track for my self-imposed first draft due date, so keep your eyes open!

Also (a little treat) my dabbling on Pinterest has revealed a super interesting Scandinavian design and photography blog that I can't get enough of. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment